Sunday, March 24, 2013

Two of Cups

The Two of Cups shows the beauty and power that is created when two become one. The card reflects balance, mutual respect and harmony in relations with one another. There is no ‘I’, just ‘we’, and both parties are focused on a mutually beneficial outcome or win-win situation.



When two people are married do we not toast to their union?  What does this all mean, and is commitment something that we as human beings are capable of?  Words like “honor” and “holy” aren’t often heard in daily conversations. Instead, they’re saved for wedding days, military codes and church services. Yet, these words should be front and center in our marriage every day.   The Two of Cups represents love that is nurturing, creative, clearly focused, inspirational and equally fulfilling.   

The very practice of showing your other half the respect they deserve can set the whole tone to a relationship.  I should know, seeing I have failed at a few in my life time.  However, recently I have been given a second chance at this type of happiness.  Talk about a divine appointment!  I'll be explaining that a little later on.  So, as far as showing respect what is it you could do different?  Maybe turn away from the computer screen or newspaper if your spouse is trying to gain your attention.  One of my main things I have put into practice is getting up a few hours early (my male counter part works the graveyard shift and gets home about 2 and a half hours before I have to leave) and we lay awake while the rest of the house is sleeping and talk about our day, things we've been wanting to do, see, and anything thing else we're able to think of.  Especially if one of us has had a hard day.  Seeings as I work in Oncology (laboratory and with the Dr's and patients and he works as a Paramedic) there is no shortness of gratefulness between the two of us.  Often there are days where we are just happy to see one another.  Did I forget to mention we went to High School together 17 years ago in Ohio and happen to cross paths in Florida?  There is another topic for a later date, "Fate!"  

Cheers!

0 comments :

Post a Comment