Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Spring!



Ishtar is the East Semitic Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility, war, love, and sex.  Or as I see her, the Empress which would be the number 3 card in the Tarot.  There are times I am unsure what to write about, and I know I'm definitely not the best but I do try and keep my wheels turning from time to time.  As my fiance' walked into the bedroom I had him pick a card for me to meditate and blog about.  Of course he picks the Empress the first thing he noticed was the spinning wheel on the image of my card (I like to use the Robinwood deck).


On the spinning wheel is the complete Zodiac which in my interpretation would mean the full cycle to Spring!  Fertility at it's best, just as we celebrate new life we celebrate the rabbit, baby chicks, eggs and other signs of fertility.  To to mention the Christian religions celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus.  To be honest I have never been a fan of the thought of fertility and reproduction, maybe it has to do with the unknown or just one of those many flaws I have as a person, maybe one day my heart will soften to the idea but it hasn't in the 30 years I have been alive.  Still I will continue on with this hard topic for myself, the Universe always has a way of bringing up things that are most difficult or the things that need to change.  Some of us were born to nurture and some were not, lets hope you know where you are in life and happy Easter!


0 comments :

Post a Comment